Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
Login to report this post
Sony Playstation 5 + Extra Gamepad
The Sony PlayStation 5 (PS5) is the successor to the PlayStation 4, and it's the latest home console from Sony Interactive Entertainment.
Key features and details include:
Design and Hardware:
- The PS5 boasts a bold and unique design, with a two-tone color scheme (white and black) and a futuristic, curved shape.
- It comes in two versions: a standard edition with a 4K Blu-Ray drive, and a Digital Edition without a disc drive.
- The system is powered by a custom 8-core AMD Zen 2 CPU and a custom AMD RDNA 2-based GPU.
- The PS5 features a custom 825GB SSD which drastically reduces load times and allows for bigger and more detailed game worlds.
- It has 16GB of GDDR6 memory (RAM).
- The PS5 supports up to 8K resolution output and promises 4K resolution gameplay at up to 120fps.
- It includes a USB-C port and supports Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1.
The PS5's controller, called the DualSense, includes several innovative features:
- Haptic feedback replaces traditional "rumble", providing more varied and immersive tactile feedback.
- Adaptive triggers in the L2 and R2 buttons can change resistance to simulate various in-game actions.
- A built-in microphone allows players to communicate without a headset.
- The controller has a new "Create" button, which replaces the PS4's "Share" button and offers new ways for players to create and share content.
Games and Software:
- The PS5 is backwards compatible with most PS4 games, meaning you can play PS4 games on the PS5. Some of these games receive "boosts" with improved load times or better performance.
- The console launched with several exclusive games like "Demon's Souls", "Spider-Man: Miles Morales", and "Astro's Playroom".
- The PS5 system software features a completely redesigned user interface with new features like instant in-game content (like levels or multiplayer matches) accessible directly from the home screen.
The PS5 release date in North America, Australia, Japan, South Korea and New Zealand is November 12, 2020, which is just two days after the release of its next-gen rivals, the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. For the rest of the world, the console becomes available one week later on November 19.
- Huge for a modern gaming console
- Space-age aesthetic is polarizing
- But the size means more space for air ventilation and a bigger fan
- Capable of 4K/120fps gameplay as well as support for 8K/60
- Faster loading times thanks to new SSD
- Tempest 3D audio tech is like Atmos-lite
- System runs cool and quiet nearly all the time
If gaming consoles had weight classes, the PS5 would be in the heavyweight division. We measured it at around 38.8 x 8 x 26cm (H x W x D) – though the curved surfaces make getting an exact measurement difficult. And it weighs in at 4.5kg, giving it a noticeable heft when you pick it up.
With those measurements in mind, it’s easy to see how the PlayStation 5 is the largest console Sony has ever made, and it teeters on the brink of being simply too big for a device that’s supposed to sit under your TV.
Many will have to rethink their current setup or upgrade their entertainment centers entirely to accommodate Sony’s new machine, and that’s a problem that no one should have to worry about when picking up a new console.
As for the colors and shape of the console, well, they can be kind of polarizing, too. Some of us on the team absolutely love the PS5 design, while some of us hate it. There’s no denying, however, that its gargantuan size and two-tone color scheme demands attention in any home.
One element that’s a delightful touch, and universally liked by the TechRadar team, is the system’s subtle lighting effect, which creates a soothing hue when the console is in operation or rest mode.
It adds to the PS5’s space-age look and feel, and represents a nice touch of continuity from the PS4. Much like the PS4, when the console is in rest mode the light turns orange, and when the PS5 is turned on it changes from blue to white.
No reviews found